My sources tell me that Terry Foster and his partner Mike Valenti have a meeting Monday morning to discuss their role in the new WKRK as a sports station. There is no doubt that WKRK is going sports, the questions remain; which talent falls on which station.
Here are my thoughts based on my sources.
- WKRK will simulcast Valenti and Foster for the short term while they decide what to do with WXYT.
- WKRK will become a sports station by the end of 07.
- WXYT will become a talk station with largely syndicated content.
- O and A will could stay on WKRK, even though moving Mike and Mike to WKRK would make most sense.
- The Sports Inferno moves to WKRK after a 3 month simulcast on both stations.
- The Big Show moves to WKRK but they will re-evaluate the talent.
- Bill O'Reilly moves to LIVE middays on WXYT.
- WKRK's Motor City Midday is moved to WXYT and eventually dumped once contractual obligations are met.
- Because CBS Radio is having HUGE sales issues, both stations are going to be mostly syndicated with national talent except for drive times
D & D had been negotiating in good fatih, but haven't been able to come to an agreement. These guys are highly successful and will land on their feet, just sucks that Detroit can't have a show that they clearly embraced.