Today was an interesting day. We always think about being 40 when we are kids and today I hit that milestone. Honestly, it doesn't feel much different than 38 or 39. I am in the same great place in my life and don't feel like an old fart just yet.
It is odd how things change in just the ten years since I was 30.
- I was working for the man (even though I was happy doing it) Peter Connolly was one of the best bosses of all time.
- I'd never heard of Rich Homberg.
- I was dating Nikki but we weren't sure we would marry.
- I didn't have Noah or Cooper.
- I was weeks from being diagnosed with Sarcoidosis. That was a scare.
- Mom, Dad and sister Robyn were still alive.
- I was living in Royal Oak with Nicole and we were still in the "honeymoon" stage.
- My dog Mouse was only 5, she is somuch older now.
- I was 40 pounds lighter. I'm a lardo now.
- I was a new uncle. Kelci and AJ were born just before my 30th.
Taking inventory of where I am today, life it good.
- I have a great, understanding, supportive wife who loves me for who I am and is as excited about our future as I am.
- I have two healthy, wonderful kids that I can't go a day without.
- I am just weeks from realizing a lifelong goal of self-employment.
- I can dabble in radio (the Internet show) and do it for fun without having to put too much skin in the game.
- I have
greatTHE BEST friends and neighbors.
- The weather is wonderful where I live.
- A great, loyal audience that is supportive of Gregg and Michelle.
In short, life at 40 is great. The only thing that would make it better? Not a thing....ok, maybe losing 40 pounds.
Thanks for all the nice wishes, it is greatly appreciated and won't beforgotten.
Best to all of you.