I recently change my phone from the Motorola Q to a Blackberry Curve (thank GOD for Verizon's's "two and it's new" deal) and one of the main reason I upgraded was to have the ability to listen to any radio show in the country on my phone.
Most of you know I am a HUGE fan of Phil Hendrie (KJCE) and Neil Rogers (WQAM) and I like to listen when I am driving around town chauffeuring kids, etc. Until now I've had to listen with an ear piece. Today I was driving around in my brother's car and noticed that he had an Ipod plug, so I plugged in my phone and bingo, I was listen to Pat Caputo on WXYT talk about the Red Wings. It was nice to have a slice of home on the radio. Anybody can do it, all you need to do is follow these instructions.
1. Make sure you have an unlimited data package with your phone cell phone carrier. The cost would be outrageous if you were paying for usage.
2. Get a free account at Moodio.
3. Add the stations or Internet shows to your account that you would like to listen to on your smart phone.
3. On your cell phone browser log onto your moodio account at www.m.moodio.fm
4. Pick the show you want to listen too and plug your phone into the Ipod jack on your car stereo. If you don't have an Ipod jack, just buy a small, cheap FM transmitter at Best Buy and tune your car radio to the frequency in your area that transmits to your car stereo.
That's it, now go listen to your favorite radio shows anywhere you'd like. You are no longer stuck with shows in your local market while driving, you can get any show as long as they are streaming on the net. So if you are dying to expand your choices, log onto www.moodio.fm and give it a try today.